To be considered for a CIT position all candidates should mail or email a letter of interest, this letter should briefly describe: why you would like to be a CIT, what are some of your hobbies and interest, and any leadership experience you may have. Also, all candidates should include a filled-out copy of our CIT questionnaire and have one letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member.
The deadline is February 15, 2022, to submit your cover letter and questionnaire to CT for consideration.
Once accepted (The requirements for the program will be:)
- Attend an orientation meeting in June.
- This will be held on a weekend or in the evening and is mandatory to start the program.
- Choose one 4-week CIT program to participate in during the summer.
- Max. the number of CIT’s will be allowed per week.
- The first week is no later than July 25, 2022.
- Additional weeks can be added, per director approval.
- Online registration is required and a deposit ($200)
- $425 total program fee per session
Please do not fill out the online application until you receive your letter of acceptance from the directors.
What happens the year after the CIT program?
At the age of 16 or 17, campers are eligible for a position as a junior counselor (this is a six-week summer commitment). All applicants should write a letter to the directors expressing interest. Applicants will be screened from these letters.